Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Afghan War Over? -- Twenty Years -- July 6, 2021

In the Afghan War, American troops were on the ground longer than they were in the Revolutionary War or Vietnam. President Joe Biden, who had promised to bring all the American soldiers home by September 11, has pulled out most of the soldiers. Others should be out by the end of August. A training cadre will remain.

The US-backed government will probably fall to the Taliban. Our withdrawal speeds the process.

I don't remember where I found the photo of Yoko Ono and John Lennon.

2 comments:

Nick said...

Ask me about just about anything, and I'll have an opinion--but on the question of whether it would be better to stay involved in Afghanistan or pull out, I have absolutely no idea. Both choices seem bad.

(Oh, cool--Captcha asked me to identify traffic lights and they pulled up a picture of the Embacadero with the Bay Bridge in the backgroun).

Nick said...

Ask me about just about anything, and I'll have an opinion--but on the question of whether it would be better to stay involved in Afghanistan or pull out, I have absolutely no idea. Both choices seem bad.

(Oh, cool--Captcha asked me to identify traffic lights and they pulled up a picture of the Embacadero with the Bay Bridge in the backgroun).