Friday, June 10, 2011

Fire Funeral -- June 10, 2011


Today the funeral of Vincent Perez and Anthony Valerio, the two firefighters killed in the Diamond Heights fire, took place at the Cathedral. As I walked to work this morning, four trucks and engines passed me going up Third Street. I don't know why this San Rafael truck was going that direction.

I took BART home. After we left the Daly City station, I saw a line of fire vehicles going down 280 towards Holy Cross. When I left the parking garage at Colma, I found that the ramp to the freeway was closed. I turned left onto Junipero Serra and found that the fire vehicles were going down Serramonte Boulevard, so I got over the left and went up Southgate until I could go over to Skyline and down to One. The ramps to get onto One North to 280 were jammed.

Incidentally, this is the 1000th post on this blog. Thank you to all those who read and comment.

No comments: