Thursday, September 11, 2008

09/11 -- September 11, 2008


When the alarm went off at 05:29, I remembered KCBS reporting that an airplane had hit the World Trade Center. I thought it had to be an accident. After I got dressed, I went downstairs and turned on the television and they said another airplane had the other tower. Then I thought it couldn't be an accident.
When I learned what had happened, I wanted to put something on my website(s) to express my feelings. I thought of the "Don't Tread on Me" flag and a quote attributed to Ben Franklin:
The rattlesnake's "... eye excelled in brightness that of any other animal, and ... she has no eye-lids. She may therefore be esteemed an emblem of vigilance. She never begins an attack, nor, when once engaged, ever surrenders: She is therefore an emblem of magnanimity and true courage ... (S)he never wounds 'till she has generously given notice, even to her enemy, and cautioned him against the danger of treading on her." "An American Guesser", 27-Dec-1775
I knew there would be some xenophobia, but this is the way American reacted. I was sorry when President Bush chose not to try to unify the country and the world. Instead he invaded Iraq.

No comments: