Friday, July 5, 2013

BART is Back -- July 5, 2013

After a 4 1/2 day strike, BART resumed this afternoon.  The issue is not settled, but negotiations will continue for 30 days.  Management is not negotiating in good faith.  They appear to be trying to bust the unions.

I worked from home Monday through Wednesday.  Today my wife drove me to 19th and Holloway.  I caught a two-car M Oceanview train downtown.  I asked the guards in my building how things had been this week.  They said things were quiet.

I took BART back to Colma.  A nine car airport train came in and I found that the last two cars were closed off.  The car I rode on was well packed.

The Egyptian military deposed the democratically elected president.  A very complicated situation.

Today is the 75th anniversary of Herb Caen's first column in the Chronicle.

I took the photo in the Embarcadero Station this morning.  

No comments: