Saturday, May 19, 2012

DW Griffith's America -- May 19, 2012

I went to the Hyatt Garden Hotel in Foster City to speak to the Daughters of the American Revolution.  After lunch, I talked about DW Griffith, his movie America and the poor performance of movies about the Revolution.  I had fun.  Some of them had opinions about why they don't make many movies about the Revolution and why many of them do poorly at the box office. 


Casey said...

America is a fascinating movie. It's too bad it isn't more widely seen. Unfortunately, few people seem interested in Griffith's work after Orphans of the Storm.

Joe Thompson said...

Casey: Thanks for visiting. I agree. It's a pretty good movie. Not Way Down East or Broken Blossoms, but good. I'm glad I was able to get some non-silent movie fans interested.