Friday, December 21, 2007

Cable Car Division Senior Luncheon -- December 21, 2007


Yesterday was a fun day. We were all off of work and school, so we drove to Fifth and Mission. We caught cable car 16 as it rolled off the turntable and rode it out to Hyde and Beach. My wife and daughter got a seat after about Sutter. The California Street line was down. We walked around Fisherman's Wharf and out to Pier 39. The sea lions were enjoying their leisure. We walked back to Jones and they caught an F car back to Market.
I walked to the Argonaut Hotel. I'll go into more detail on my cable car site, but the people of the Cable Car Division hosted about 150-200 seniors for a nice lunch. This was the 25th annual event. I got to sit at a table with Miss Cable Car 1973, Barbara Walsh. Here she is with her key to the city and co-chair gripman Val Lupiz.

No comments: