Sunday, January 28, 2024

Catholic Schools Week, 2024 -- January 28, 2024

ncea.org

Today is the start of Catholic Schools Week.

I'm grateful that my parents put me in Catholic schools for 12 years. I'm also grateful to my teachers.

Good Shepherd School in Pacifica gave our daughter a great education and continues to do the same for many other children. My wife teaches there, and I feel proud to be a part-time member of the faculty. Our daughter teaches at a Catholic school in Daly City. 

Good Shepherd School is worth considering if you live in or near Pacifica:

Today there will a school mass at 11am, followed by an open house from noon-1pm. 

update: 

On Thursday my wife told me that the computer lab had been taken over by the science teacher to display the middle school students' science fair projects. When I arrived on Friday, the teacher and the principal apologized, but I told them that I have a talent for making things work. Friday morning the Second-Grade teacher sent me several students and they helped me carry Chromebooks back to their classroom. They enjoyed working there. I borrowed several second graders to carry the laptops to Kindergarten and I used the lunch break to set up the computers. After lunch, Kindergarten did very well working in their own classroom. 

Today there was a good turnout for 11am mass and the open house. I had one table in front of the television where I show my slide shows. I had one with information about my classes and those for 4-8. I set up four computers so kids could show their parents what they do. It took them a while to get started, but several did. 

The middle school kids did nice work on their projects. On Friday, the teacher asked me if I wanted to judge. I told I couldn't because last time I did it the teacher got mad at me. I gave everyone good marks, finding something valuable in each project. I am not good at judging people. 

No comments: