Friday, October 9, 2015

John Lennon 75 -- October 9, 2015

www.listal.com

Happy 75th birthday to the late John Lennon, who was the favorite Beatle of many people.  I went to school with people who tried to look and dress like him.  Many of them made fun of me.  Despite that, I have always liked his music.

www.listal.com
He could draw and write poetry and act and sing and play and write music.  Despite his many talents, people always seemed to be trying to tear him down.  I recently read an essay claiming he wasn't a very good musician.  People get jealous.

www.listal.com
He certainly did bad and selfish things, but so have lots of other artists, and other human beings.

www.listal.com
I suppose some of the disdain comes from people who don't like Yoko Ono.  But I remember when that jerk murdered him.  I saw people more hurt and upset by the death of Elvis Beatle than they were when Elvis Presley died.

Ringo Starr is my favorite Beatle:
http://cablecarguy.blogspot.com/2015/07/ringo-starr-75-july-7-2015.html













No comments: