Monday, February 3, 2014

Brunch at the Garden Court -- February 3, 2014


Yesterday when we woke up it was raining hard.  We had not heard that sound for a year.  We drove to Fifth and Mission to park, then walked down Mission and up New Montgomery to the Palace Hotel.  We were 15 minutes early for our 11am reservation, so we sat on a couch.  The concierge immediately asked if we were ok. 

At 11, we were shown to a nice table near the large plant visible under the clock.  The service was good.  We had orange juice and champagne.  My wife tried the sushi, the dim sum and the paella.  I went more traditional, with a crepe and small pancakes and waffles.  All was good.  Then my wife had chicken and risotto.  I had scrambled eggs and bacon.  We each picked a pastry.  I don't get scrambled eggs and bacon very often, so I enjoyed them thoroughly.  Then we went to the dessert table.  We both had crème brûlée and tiramisu. I also had a really good macaroon.

The server was surprised when we said we thought we had eaten enough.  We never got to the seafood table with the oysters. 

We walked up Market and Geary to Macys where my wife did some shopping.  We had something to drink at the Starbucks on the fourth floor. 

Walking down Stockton, we passed an air vent.  We could hear the machine boring the Central Subway tube. 

We got in the car and took a drive out to the Presidio.  They now charge for parking all around the Main Post.  That is terrible. 

No comments: