Monday, March 26, 2012

Farewell to Back on Basin Street -- March 26, 2012

I was getting ready for bed last night and I turned on KCSM.  Sunday nights I always look forward to Mal Sharpe's program Back on Basin Street.  Last night he said that he was doing his last show.  I'm sad.  I've been listening to the show since he replaced Jazzbeaux.  He played a Coyle and Sharpe routine, the DIY operation, saying that was the last time anyone on KCSM would play Coyle and Sharpe "expect maybe Alisa Clancy."  I went to sleep before the show was over, so I missed Jimmy Durante singing "Goodnight, Mrs Calabash." 

1 comment:

Dan said...

I've been listening to Mal and Back on Basin Street for many years and I will certainly miss this show. Since I left the bay area some years ago I have been streaming the show from the KCSM website. The combination of music, interviews and humor was a wonderful way to end each weekend. Good-bye Mal, and good luck with your band!
Dan in Oregon