Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Angels Flight -- July 26, 2011

We just got back from vacation. On the day known as Carmageddon, we drove down I-5 to the Los Angeles area. Traffic proved to be fairly light. We visited relatives, then took the Gold Line with them to Union Station.

We took a nice walk around downtown, and wound up at Fourth and Hill, the current location of Angels Flight. I've been trying to ride it for years, and was almost frustrated again when the California PUC shut it down last month. Fortunately, it was up and running.

I took photos and videos which will appear on my cable car site in August:

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Wonderful! I've seen this featured in older films (or LA transport like it?) but didn't know the current state. Glad to see it still running.

Joe Thompson said...

Meredith: I'm glad you liked it. This is the same railway, but when it appeared in movies like DOA and The Glenn Miller Story it was one block over at Third and Hill.