Sunday, January 29, 2017

Nieuport 28 -- January 29, 2017


When I was a kid, someone gave me a book about World War One airplanes.  I virtually memorized it. The Nieuport 28 was rejected by the French Armée de l'air, but the American Army Air Service, lacking equipment, took them. 

In July, 2010, we visited the Museum of Flight near Seattle.   I took this photo in the Personal Courage Wing, which features airplanes, mostly fighters, from World War One and World War Two.  The museum's Nieuport 28 is an original.  It is painted in the colors of Quentin Roosevelt, the son of Theodore Roosevelt, who died in a Nieuport 28.  


Today is also the start of Catholic Schools Week.

I'm grateful that my parents put me in Catholic schools for 12 years.  I'm also grateful to my teachers. 

Good Shepherd in Pacifica gave our daughter a great education and continues to do the same for many other children. They are having an open house today from 11am to 1:30pm.  The school is worth considering if you live in or near Pacifica: http://goodshepherdschool.us/

No comments: