Sunday, November 15, 2015

Paris and Union Square -- November 15, 2015


Friday was a tough day.  Terrorists simultaneously attacked several locations in Paris, killing more than 100 people.  I was impressed to see Parisians using the #PorteOuverte hashtag to offer shelter to people who were stuck out in the streets.  I was especially impressed by the Sikh community, who opened their temples to people who needed a place to go.


Around 3pm, a double-deck tour bus on Post near Mason ran away, hitting a bicycle and dragging the rider two blocks towards Stockton.  It hit several more cars until it ran into the construction site for the new Apple Store at Stockton.  Here is a photo I took on Thursday.  I didn't catch the union members picketing.  I hope they are ok.  I was amazed to hear that no one was killed.





No comments: