Sunday, August 11, 2013

Karen Black, RIP -- August 11, 2013

I was sorry to hear that actress Karen Black had died.  She was very big when I was young.  I admired her work in movies like The Great Gatsby, The Day of the Locust and Family Plot.  I could tell the artists at Mad Magazine liked her because they always took great care in drawing her for the movie satires.  I was thinking just recently that I had not seen her in anything for a long time.  Today we went to mass at Saint Peter's in Pacifica. They have changed more of their methods. The areas at the front where they project hymn lyrics are painted gray and the slides are black on white rather than white on black. From my mom's house, we could hear Outside Lands. This year they did not set up the speakers to make things quieter outside the park. Vampire Weekend was playing during dinner.

No comments: